School starts Wednesday, August 12, 2020
Annual Registration for ALL new & returning students to Goliad ISD need to be completed by Friday, August 7th.
Parents also must notify the school if your child will be attending in classroom, remote synchronous or asynchronous instruction.
This information will assure students who are attending Goliad ISD will be registered and be assigned a class schedule for the first day.
ONLINE Enrollment & Registration is OPEN!
All Parents need to have an ASCENDER Parent Portal account to complete the ONLINE Enrollment for all New Students and the Annual Registration for all returning students for Goliad ISD. Guides & further information can be found under "Forms for Download" on this page.
At Registration Proof of Residency is required.
Please bring GISD School Tax Receipt, Rent Receipts, or other proof of residency to show student is
living in the Goliad Attendance School Zones.
If your child resides (physically lives) in one of the surrounding counties you may apply
for an Out of District Transfer to attend school at Goliad I.S.D.
For information call 361-645-3259 ext 5105
OUT OF DISTRICT STUDENTS
Goliad ISD accepts transfer students based upon the criteria set forth in the Goliad ISD Policy. (FDA-Legal/Local)
Students whose legal residence is not in Goliad County may apply for a transfer to Goliad ISD.
Notice: New Transfer Student request for SY 2020-2021 will not be accepted for Remote Synchronous Instruction or Remote Asynchronous Instruction. Allow 5-7 business days for applications to be approved once received.
Goliad ISD accepts transfer students in grades 1 - 12 from surrounding counties. Student Transfers are approved for one school year and all students must re-apply for transfer each new school year.
Returning Transfer Students applications were mailed out on May 1st. If you did not receive your application, please contact 361-645-3259 x 5105.
New Transfer Student applications are available for download or by calling the GISD office at 361-645-3259 x 5105.
Children must be five (5) years old on or before September 1, 2020 to be admitted to kindergarten. Parent/Legal Guardian must bring at registration proof of residency in Goliad County, original or certified copy of birth certificate, immunizations records, social security card for child, parent/guardians driver's license or legal ID and any court orders in existence that pertain to the child (as applicable).
Four-Year-Old PreKinder Program
Children who are four (4) years old on or before September 1, 2020 may be eligible to attend school through the State Pre-Kinder Program. Parents/Legal Guardians will need to complete an application. Parent/Guardian making application are REQUIRED to provide Proof of Income (W-2, 1040 & most recent pay stub); Proof of TANF/SSI Benefits (if applicable); Original or Certified copy of Student's Birth Certificate; Current Immunization Record; Social Security card of child; Proof of Residency in Goliad County; Parent/Guardian Driver's License or State Photo ID and any court orders that pertain to the child.
Records Necessary to Enroll Students at G.I.S.D.
To enroll a child in Goliad ISD, it is the responsibility of the parent/legal guardian to provide the following documents to the school. (furnishing false information is a criminal offense under Penal Code 37.10)
- Proof of Residency (property tax records/receipt; current rent receipt; current voters registration document or other documentation providing acceptable proof of residency)
- Original Birth Certificate (or certified copy which includes a certificate number and is issued by the state must be provided for a student who is under 11 years of age (Texas Code of Criminal Procedure, Article 63.019), passport or other document suitable as proof of the student's identity; see School Board Policy FD.
- Current Immunization record signed by a physician. Immunizations, per Texas requirements, must be up to date with proper documentation prior to enrollment and attending class.
- Most recent school records: Report Card and/or High School Transcript, Test Scores, and any Special Program documents.
- Social Security card or State ID
- Parent/Guardian's photo identification w/current address (valid driver's license, Military ID, or state-issued identification card)
- Any court order in existence that pertains to the child (as applicable).
GOLIAD INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT
PO Box 830 / 161 N Welch St
Goliad, Tx 77963
Goliad, Tx 77963
Forms for Download: