GOLIAD INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT
PO Box 830 / 161 N Welch St
Goliad, Tx 77963
Admin Office: 361-645-3259 x5105;
High School Office: 361-645-3257 x6175;
Middle School Office: 361-645-3146 x7175;
Elementary School Office: 361-645-3206 x8185
Students who meet state and local requirements to attend a public school are entitled for enrollment in Goliad ISD.
At Registration Proof of Residency is required.
Please bring GISD School Tax Receipt, Rent Receipts, or other proof of residency to show student is
living in the Goliad Attendance School Zones.
If your child resides (physically lives) in one of the surrounding counties you may apply
for an Out of District Transfer to attend school at Goliad I.S.D.
For information call 361-645-3259 ext 5105
OUT OF DISTRICT TRANSFER: Students who do not reside (physically live) within the boundaries of Goliad county may apply for transfer to Goliad ISD schools.
Currently the District will be taking new student applications for transfers to Goliad ISD schools through May 31, 2018.
Goliad ISD accepts transfer students based upon the criteria set forth in the Goliad ISD Policy. (FDA-Legal/Local)
New Student Transfer Applications may be pick up at the Administration Office (161 N. Welch St); any of the Campus Offices or by emailing request to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Goliad ISD will be accepting New Student Applications till May 30th.
Transfer application and all documentation must be received at the Goliad ISD Admin office before the student will be reviewed and considered for transfer.
Returning Student 2018-19 Transfer Applications are to be returned on or before Tuesday, May 1, 2018 to the Administration Office at 161 N Welch St.
Children must be five (5) years old on or before September 1, 2017 to be admitted to kindergarten. Parent/Legal Guardian must bring at registration proof of residency in Goliad County, original or certified copy of birth certificate, immunizations records, social security card for child, parent/guardians driver's license or legal ID and any court orders in existence that pertain to the child (as applicable).
Four-Year-Old PreKinder Program
Children who are four (4) years old on or before September 1, 2017 may be eligible to attend school through the State Pre-Kinder Program. Parents/Legal Guardians will need to complete an application. Parent/Guardian making application are REQUIRED to provide Proof of Income (W-2, 1040 & most recent pay stub); Proof of TANF/SSI Benefits (if applicable); Original or Certified copy of Student's Birth Certificate; Current Immunization Record; Social Security card of child; Proof of Residency in Goliad County; Parent/Guardian Driver's License or State Photo ID and any court orders that pertain to the child.
Head Start in Goliad County
BCFS Education Services' Head Start at Goliad ISD is located on N. Market St. behind the main Elementary School building. If you have a child 3 or 4 years of age and are interested in the Head Start program in Goliad, please contact 361-645-77898 or visit https://discoverbcfs.net/bee-live-oak-refugio-goliad-counties regarding registration in the program.
New Student Enrollment 1st - 12th Grade
Registrations for the 2018-2019 school year for students entering grades 1st through 12th will be done in August 2018. Date TBA.
Records Necessary to Enroll Students at G.I.S.D.
To enroll a child in Goliad ISD, it is the responsibility of the parent/legal guardian to provide the following documents to the school. (furnishing false information is a criminal offense under Penal Code 37.10)
- Proof of Residency (property tax records/receipt; current rent receipt; current voters registration document or other documentation providing acceptable proof of residency)
- Original Birth Certificate (or certified copy which includes a certificate number and is issued by the state must be provided for a student who is under 11 years of age (Texas Code of Criminal Procedure, Article 63.019), passport or other document suitable as proof of the student's identity; see School Board Policy FD.
- Current Immunization record signed by a physician. Immunizations, per Texas requirements, must be up to date with proper documentation prior to enrollment and attending class.
- Most recent school records: Report Card and/or High School Transcript, Test Scores, and any Special Program documents.
- Social Security card or State ID
- Parent/Guardian's photo identification w/current address (valid driver's license, Military ID, or state-issued identification card)
- Any court order in existence that pertains to the child (as applicable).