GOLIAD INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT
PO Box 830 / 161 N Welch St
Goliad, Tx 77963
PO Box 830 / 161 N Welch St
Goliad, Tx 77963
Admin Office: 361-645-3259 x5105;
High School Office: 361-645-3257 x6175;
Middle School Office: 361-645-3146 x7175;
Elementary School Office: 361-645-3206 x8185
NEW STUDENT ENROLLMENT
Enrollment for new incoming students to Goliad I.S.D.
Students who were not enrolled in the Goliad schools at the end of the prior school year (May 2019), moved into the district over the summer or were accepted as a new transfer in the spring and will be attending Goliad schools starting in August 2019 need to enroll on Monday, July 22nd or Tuesday, July 23rd.
Enrollment will be held in the front office at each campus between 8:00 a.m. 3:30 p.m.
PK & KG - 5th Grades - Elementary School / 6th - 8th Grades - Middle School / 9th - 12th Grades - High School
Parent should bring all required documents at Enrollment. If you are a New transfer student bring a copy of your approved transfer application at Enrollment.
Students who meet state and local requirements to attend a public school are entitled for enrollment in Goliad ISD.
At Registration Proof of Residency is required.
Please bring GISD School Tax Receipt, Rent Receipts, or other proof of residency to show student is
living in the Goliad Attendance School Zones.
If your child resides (physically lives) in one of the surrounding counties you may apply
for an Out of District Transfer to attend school at Goliad I.S.D.
For information call 361-645-3259 ext 5105
OUT OF DISTRICT TRANSFER:
Transfer is approved for one school year term and all students must re-apply for transfer each new school year term.
The 2019-2020 Transfer applications are available for download or may be picked up at the Goliad ISD Administration Office, 161 N. Welch St., Goliad TX 77963
Goliad ISD accepts transfer students based upon the criteria set forth in the Goliad ISD Policy. (FDA-Legal/Local)
ENROLLMENT FOR THE 2019-2020 SCHOOL YEAR
Goliad ISD New Student Enrollment will be held on Monday, July 22 & Tuesday, July 23, 2019 at each of the campus offices between 8:00 a.m. & 3:30 p.m.
Golaid ISD will do on-line registration for all current students beginning in August (TBA). All parents must have a parent portal account set up and complete the required on-line documents. You will be notifed when the registration for 2019-2020 opens.
Children must be five (5) years old on or before September 1, 2018 to be admitted to kindergarten. Parent/Legal Guardian must bring at registration proof of residency in Goliad County, original or certified copy of birth certificate, immunizations records, social security card for child, parent/guardians driver's license or legal ID and any court orders in existence that pertain to the child (as applicable).
Four-Year-Old PreKinder Program
Children who are four (4) years old on or before September 1, 2018 may be eligible to attend school through the State Pre-Kinder Program. Parents/Legal Guardians will need to complete an application. Parent/Guardian making application are REQUIRED to provide Proof of Income (W-2, 1040 & most recent pay stub); Proof of TANF/SSI Benefits (if applicable); Original or Certified copy of Student's Birth Certificate; Current Immunization Record; Social Security card of child; Proof of Residency in Goliad County; Parent/Guardian Driver's License or State Photo ID and any court orders that pertain to the child.
Records Necessary to Enroll Students at G.I.S.D.
To enroll a child in Goliad ISD, it is the responsibility of the parent/legal guardian to provide the following documents to the school. (furnishing false information is a criminal offense under Penal Code 37.10)
- Proof of Residency (property tax records/receipt; current rent receipt; current voters registration document or other documentation providing acceptable proof of residency)
- Original Birth Certificate (or certified copy which includes a certificate number and is issued by the state must be provided for a student who is under 11 years of age (Texas Code of Criminal Procedure, Article 63.019), passport or other document suitable as proof of the student's identity; see School Board Policy FD.
- Current Immunization record signed by a physician. Immunizations, per Texas requirements, must be up to date with proper documentation prior to enrollment and attending class.
- Most recent school records: Report Card and/or High School Transcript, Test Scores, and any Special Program documents.
- Social Security card or State ID
- Parent/Guardian's photo identification w/current address (valid driver's license, Military ID, or state-issued identification card)
- Any court order in existence that pertains to the child (as applicable).