ENROLLMENT FOR THE 2020-2021
All Parents will need to have an ASCENDER Parent Portal account to
complete ONLINE Registration for returning students and/or Enrollment for New Students to GISD.
ONLINE Enrollment opens on June 4, 2020!
ONLINE Enrollment opens on June 8, 2020!
REGISTRATION for Returning Students to Goliad ISD in 2020-2021
ONLINE Registration opens on July 6, 2020
At Registration Proof of Residency is required.
Please bring GISD School Tax Receipt, Rent Receipts, or other proof of residency to show student is
living in the Goliad Attendance School Zones.
If your child resides (physically lives) in one of the surrounding counties you may apply
for an Out of District Transfer to attend school at Goliad I.S.D.
For information call 361-645-3259 ext 5105
OUT OF DISTRICT STUDENTS
Goliad ISD accepts transfer students based upon the criteria set forth in the Goliad ISD Policy. (FDA-Legal/Local)
Students whose residence is not Goliad County may apply as a transfer student to Goliad I.S.D.
Goliad ISD accepts transfer students in grades 1 - 12 from surrounding counties. Student Transfers are approved for one school year and all students must re-apply for transfer each new school year.
Returning Transfer Students applications were mailed out on May 1st. If you did not receive your application, please contact 361-645-3259 x 5105.
New Transfer Student applications are available for download or by calling the GISD office at 361-645-3259 x 5105.
Children must be five (5) years old on or before September 1, 2020 to be admitted to kindergarten. Parent/Legal Guardian must bring at registration proof of residency in Goliad County, original or certified copy of birth certificate, immunizations records, social security card for child, parent/guardians driver's license or legal ID and any court orders in existence that pertain to the child (as applicable).
Four-Year-Old PreKinder Program
Children who are four (4) years old on or before September 1, 2020 may be eligible to attend school through the State Pre-Kinder Program. Parents/Legal Guardians will need to complete an application. Parent/Guardian making application are REQUIRED to provide Proof of Income (W-2, 1040 & most recent pay stub); Proof of TANF/SSI Benefits (if applicable); Original or Certified copy of Student's Birth Certificate; Current Immunization Record; Social Security card of child; Proof of Residency in Goliad County; Parent/Guardian Driver's License or State Photo ID and any court orders that pertain to the child.
Records Necessary to Enroll Students at G.I.S.D.
To enroll a child in Goliad ISD, it is the responsibility of the parent/legal guardian to provide the following documents to the school. (furnishing false information is a criminal offense under Penal Code 37.10)
- Proof of Residency (property tax records/receipt; current rent receipt; current voters registration document or other documentation providing acceptable proof of residency)
- Original Birth Certificate (or certified copy which includes a certificate number and is issued by the state must be provided for a student who is under 11 years of age (Texas Code of Criminal Procedure, Article 63.019), passport or other document suitable as proof of the student's identity; see School Board Policy FD.
- Current Immunization record signed by a physician. Immunizations, per Texas requirements, must be up to date with proper documentation prior to enrollment and attending class.
- Most recent school records: Report Card and/or High School Transcript, Test Scores, and any Special Program documents.
- Social Security card or State ID
- Parent/Guardian's photo identification w/current address (valid driver's license, Military ID, or state-issued identification card)
- Any court order in existence that pertains to the child (as applicable).
GOLIAD INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT
PO Box 830 / 161 N Welch St
Goliad, Tx 77963
Goliad, Tx 77963