Student Enrollment

2021 Academic School Calendar TBD
Annual Registration for ALL new & returning students to
Goliad ISD will be completed online for the 2021-2022 SY.
Date to be Announced.
This information will assure students who are attending Goliad ISD will be registered and be assigned a class schedule for the first day.
All Parents need to have an ASCENDER Parent Portal account to complete the ONLINE Enrollment for all New Students and the Annual Registration for all returning students for Goliad ISD.   Guides & further information can be found under "Forms for Download" on this page. 
Upbring Head Start program at Goliad ISD is currently making appointments for application for the 2021-2022 program.  Call Sandy DeLeon at 361-484-3597.
Goliad Elementary is currently making appointments for 2021-2022 Kindergarten Early Registration. Call 361-645-3206 to make an appointment for April 14, 15 or 16th.  Your child will need to come to the appointment for evaluation with a KG teacher. 
At Registration Proof of Residency is required.  
Please bring GISD School Tax Receipt, Rent Receipts, or other proof of residency to show student is
living in the Goliad Attendance School Zones.  
If your child resides (physically lives) in one of the surrounding counties you may apply
for an Out of District Transfer to attend school at Goliad I.S.D.   
For information call 361-645-3259 ext 5105
Goliad ISD accepts transfer students based upon the criteria set forth in the Goliad ISD Policy. (FDA-Legal/Local)
Students whose legal residence is not in Goliad County may apply for a transfer to Goliad ISD. 
Goliad ISD accepts transfer students in grades 1 - 12 from surrounding counties.  Student Transfers are approved for one school year and all students must re-apply for transfer each new school year.
Returning Transfer Students applications will be mailed out the beginning of May. 
New Transfer Student applications will be made available in May 2021. 
Thank you.
Kindergarten Registration
Children must be five (5) years old on or before September 1, 2020 to be admitted to kindergarten.  Parent/Legal Guardian must bring at registration proof of residency in Goliad County, original or certified copy of birth certificate, immunizations records, social security card for child, parent/guardians driver's license or legal ID and any court orders in existence that pertain to the child (as applicable). 
Four-Year-Old PreKinder Program
Children who are four (4) years old on or before September 1, 2020 may be eligible to attend school through the State Pre-Kinder Program. Parents/Legal Guardians will need to complete an application. Parent/Guardian making application are REQUIRED to provide Proof of Income (W-2, 1040 & most recent pay stub); Proof of TANF/SSI Benefits (if applicable); Original or Certified copy of Student's Birth Certificate; Current Immunization Record; Social Security card of child; Proof of Residency in Goliad County; Parent/Guardian Driver's License or State Photo ID and any court orders that pertain to the child.
Head Start in Goliad County
Upbring Head Start program at Goliad ISD is located on 142 N. Market St. behind the main Elementary School building. If you have a child 3 or 4 years of age and are interested in the Head Start program in Goliad, please contact 361-484-3597 regarding registration in the program.
Records Necessary to Enroll Students at G.I.S.D.
To enroll a child in Goliad ISD, it is the responsibility of the parent/legal guardian to provide the following documents to the school. (furnishing false information is a criminal offense under Penal Code 37.10)
  • Proof of Residency (property tax records/receipt; current rent receipt; current voters registration document or other documentation providing acceptable proof of residency)
  • Original Birth Certificate (or certified copy which includes a certificate number and is issued by the state must be provided for a student who is under 11 years of age (Texas Code of Criminal Procedure, Article 63.019), passport or other document suitable as proof of the student's identity; see School Board Policy FD.
  • Current Immunization record signed by a physician. Immunizations, per Texas requirements, must be up to date with proper documentation prior to enrollment and attending class.
  • Most recent school records: Report Card and/or High School Transcript, Test Scores, and any Special Program documents.
  • Social Security card or State ID
  • Parent/Guardian's photo identification w/current address (valid driver's license, Military ID, or state-issued identification card)
  • Any court order in existence that pertains to the child (as applicable).
PO Box 830 / 161 N Welch St
Goliad, Tx 77963