Members of the public may access this meeting as follows:
NOTICE OF REGULAR MEETING
GOLIAD INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
Date: September 14, 2020
A regular meeting of the Board of Trustees of the Goliad Independent School District will be held on Monday, September 14, 2020, beginning at 6:00 p.m., in the Board Meeting Room of the Goliad Independent School District at 161 N. Welch St., Goliad, Texas. Due to health and safety concerns related to the COVID-19 coronavirus, this meeting will also be conducted by videoconference. At least a quorum of the Board will be participating by videoconference in accordance with the provisions of Sections 551.125 or 551.127 of the Texas Government Code that have not been suspended by order of the Governor. Members of the public may access this meeting as follows: https://www.goliadisd.org/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=433532&type=d&pREC_ID=1906211
The subjects to be discussed or considered, or upon which any formal action may be taken, are as follows: (Items do not have to be taken in the same order as shown on this meeting notice.)
- Public Comments/Audience Participation
- Facility Assessment Process
- Consent Agenda
- Minutes from Previous Meetings (08/10/2020)
- Tax Office, Financial Statements, Investments, Enrollment
- Attendance Review Committees
- School Health Advisory Council(SHAC)Members
- Resolution: Hazardous Traffic Conditions
- County Request for School-Owned Property for EMS/Fire Station
- Financial Advisor Report Regarding Impact of Chapter 313 Value Limitation Agreement(s)
- Acknowledgement of conflict of interest policy BBFA (LEGAL) and (LOCAL) in connection with the Application for Agreement for Limitation on Appraised Value of Property for School District Maintenance and Operations Taxes from SP-Peregrine Solar LLC.
- Discussion and possible action to accept an Application for Value Limitation Agreement from SP-Peregrine Solar LLC pursuant to Chapter 313 of the Texas Property Tax Code; authorize the Superintendent of Schools to review the application for completeness and submit the Application to the Comptroller of Public Accounts; and authorize the Superintendent of Schools to approve any request for extension of the deadline for action by the board of trustees beyond the 150-day review period, as may be required.
- Discussion and possible action to retain the law firm of Sara Leon & Associates, LLC and financial consultant, Jigsaw School Finance Solutions, LLC to assist the district in the review and processing of the Application for Value Limitation Agreement from SP-Peregrine Solar LLC pursuant to Chapter 313 of the Texas Property Tax Code.
- Convene a public hearing and take public comment regarding the Application for Value Limitation Agreement from Tulsita Solar, LLC, Comptroller Application #1467 pursuant to Chapter 313 of the Texas Property Tax Code.
- Acknowledgement of conflict of interest policy in connection with the application for agreement for limitation on appraised value of property for school district maintenance and operations taxes from Tulsita Solar, LLC, Comptroller Application #1467.
- Consider and possible action to approve Board Findings pursuant to Chapter 313 of the Texas Property Tax Code regarding the Application for Value Limitation Agreement from Tulsita Solar, LLC, Comptroller Application #1467.
- Consider and possible action to approve an Agreement under Texas Economic Development Act for a Limitation on Appraised Value of Property for School District Maintenance and Operation Taxes with Tulsita Solar, LLC, Comptroller Application #1467.
- Fundraising Projects
- Adopt 2020 Tax Rate
- Superintendent’s Report
- October Meeting Changed to October 13, 2020
- Date for Board Training – after Nov. 3 election
- Art Contest for District Christmas Card
- Closed Session: Texas Government Code 551.002 – Consultation with legal counsel regarding an Application for Value Limitation Agreement from SP-Peregrine Solar LLC pursuant to Chapter 313 of the Texas Property Tax Code.
- Closed Session: Deliberate the Appointment, Employment, Evaluation, Reassignment, Duties, Discipline and Duties of Personnel (Texas Government Code, Sections 551.071, 551.074, 551.129)
Page 2 of 2 – September 14, 2020 School Board Meeting Agenda
- Closed Session - Deliberate Regarding Discipline of a Student (Texas Government Code, Section 551.082)
- Closed Session: Pursuant to Texas Govt. Code Section 551.076, deliberations regarding the deployment or implementation of security personnel or devices
If, during the course of the meeting, discussions of any item on the agenda should be held in a closed meeting, the Board will conduct a closed meeting in accordance with the Texas Open Meetings Act, Texas Government Code, Chapter 551, Subchapters D and E. Before any closed meeting is convened, the presiding officer will publicly identify the section or sections of the Act authorizing the closed meeting. All final votes, actions or decisions will be taken in open meeting.
This notice was posted in compliance with the Texas Open Meetings Act at 3:00 p.m.,September 11, 2020 .