Goliad ISD 2017-18 School Year begins
Wednesday, August 16, 2017
Students who did not complete the 16-17 school year at Goliad ISD and New Students to the district will need to complete the enrollment process.
- Goliad High School, grades 9th - 12th grades may contact the campus during the summer to complete the enrollment process. Call 361-645-3257 x6175 to set up an appointment or if you have any questions.
- Goliad Middle School, grades 7th & 8th grades, is closed for summer. Re-opens July 31st.
- Goliad Elementary School, grades PK thru 6th grades, is closed for summer. Re-opens July 31st.
Parents must provide proof of residency (a utility bill or rent receipt, etc.). Student's must physically reside (permanently living) in Goliad county. If student does not live in the county the parent/guardian must file for Out Of District Transfer. Call 361-645-3259 ext. 5105 for information and/or transfer application.
- Proof of Residency (property tax records/receipt; current rent receipt; current voters registration document or other documentation providing acceptable proof of residency)
- Original Birth Certificate (or certified copy which includes a certificate number and is issued by the state must be provided for a student who is under 11 years of age (Texas Code of Criminal Procedure, Article 63.019), passport or other document suitable as proof of the student's identity; see School Board Policy FD.
- Current Immunization record signed by a physician. Immunizations, per Texas requirements, must be up to date with proper documentation prior to enrollment and attending class.
- Most recent school records: Report Card and/or High School Transcript, Test Scores, and any Special Program documents.
- Social Security card or State ID
- Parent/Guardian's photo identification w/current address (valid driver's license, Military ID, or state-issued identification card)
- Any court order in existence that pertains to the child (as applicable).
- is unable to speak and comprehend the English language; or
- is educationally disadvantaged (which means a student eligible to participate in the
national free or reduced-price lunch program... guidelines can be found here); or
- is homeless, as defined by 42 U.S.C. Section 1143a, regardless of the residence of the child, of either parent of the child, or of the child's guardian or other person having lawful control of the child; or
- is the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority; or
- is the child of a member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty; or
- is or ever has been in the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services (foster care)following an adversary hearing held as provided by Section 262.201, Family Code.
If you wish to register for PK please call 361-645-3206 for an appointment to complete the paper work.
State Kindergarten Classes: To be eligible for enrollment in the Kindergarten program at Goliad Elementary, a child must be 5 years old on or before September 1 of the school year. Children who do not live in Goliad County will need to apply for transfer to the district. Contact the Elementary school at 361-645-3206 as soon as possible for an appointment to complete the registration paper work for the upcoming school year.
361-645-3257 ext 6175
361-645-3146 ext 7175
361-645-3206 ext 8175