Early Registration for 2017-18
Head Start, Pre-Kinder & Kindergarten
is going on NOW!
Parents must provide proof of residency (a utility bill or rent receipt, etc.). Student's must physically reside (permanently living) in Goliad county. If student does not live in the county the parent/guardian must file for Out Of District Transfer. Call 361-645-3259 ext 5105 for information and/or transfer application.
BCFS Education Services' Head Start at Goliad ISD is located on N. Market St. behind the main Elementary School building. If you have a child 3 or 4 years of age and are interested in the Head Start program please contact 361-645-7898 or visit https://discoverbcfs.net/bee-live-oak-refugio-goliad-counties regarding the program.
State Pre-Kindergarten Classes. To be eligible for enrollment in the prekindergarten class at Goliad I.S.D., a child must be at least four years of age on or before September 1, 2017 and meet one of the following criteria.
- is unable to speak and comprehend the English language; or
- is educationally disadvantaged (which means a student eligible to participate in the
national free or reduced-price lunch program... guidelines can be found here); or
- is homeless, as defined by 42 U.S.C. Section 1143a, regardless of the residence of the child, of either parent of the child, or of the child's guardian or other person having lawful control of the child; or
- is the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority; or
- is the child of a member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty; or
- is or ever has been in the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services (foster care)following an adversary hearing held as provided by Section 262.201, Family Code.
If you wish to register for PK please call 361-645-3206 for an appointment to complete the paper work.
State Kindergarten Classes: To be eligible for enrollment in the Kindergarten program at Goliad Elementary, a child must be 5 years old on or before September 1 of the school year. Children who do not live in Goliad County will need to apply for transfer to the district. Contact the Elementary school at 361-645-3206 as soon as possible for an appointment to complete the registration paper work for the upcoming school year.